This posting is intended to teach myself in English. It is taken from learn-english-today.com
The Present Simple is used :
- To talk about regular activities, routine, habits:
- John plays tennis once a week.
- We start work at 9 a.m. every day.
- Mary eats fish on Fridays.
- To talk about tastes:
- Peter likes Chinese food.
- Julie doesn’t like fish.
- Their children love chocolate.
- To talk about facts:
- The sun rises in the east
- In Europe, the weather is cold in winter.
- Authors write books.
- The film starts every day at 8 p.m.
- The children drink milk with their meals.
- Cats generally sleep a lot.
- Julie writes a letter to her mother once a week.
- Tom and Julie live in a big city in the centre of the country.
- Tourists go to Egypt to see the pyramids.
- Jimmy always takes the bus to go to school.
- We all know that children like sweets.
- Anne thinks it’s a good idea to do English exercises.
- If you want to be healthy, you must eat good food.